The institutions of higher learning that participate in the JASP Community jointly support the maintenance and further development of JASP, therefore providing an invaluable educational service to their own students and to those of other institutions worldwide. The JASP Community offers a three-tier system of involvement, with additional benefits for more involvement. The benefits for each tier are listed below.
Benefits for Supporter Institutions
A supporter institution enjoys the following benefits:
- Supporter institutions are explicitly and prominently mentioned on the JASP webpage, and in the software itself (under the menu item for the community).
- Supporter institutions are kept informed about plans for upcoming versions, and about useful new functionality in the latest version.
Additional Benefits for Sponsor Institutions
A sponsor institution enjoys the supporter benefits, as well as the following additional benefits:
- Sponsor institutions are acknowledged on the JASP splash screen.
- The sponsor institution can submit requests to add or adapt JASP functionality via GitHub, through a dedicated JASP-issues list for sponsors. Part of the tasks of the JASP team is to handle these issues. Issues submitted by the sponsor institution are given higher priority than regular requests.
Additional Benefits for Educator Institutions
An educator institution enjoys the sponsor benefits, as well as the following additional benefits:
- The educator institution receives free access to educational materials specifically tailored to JASP, such as a workbook (currently in preparation) to support a general “Learn Stats” module which introduces various statistical concepts in an inviting way. We are also considering innovations in the areas of independent practice and creating exams.
- The educator institution receives free access to an online community for statistics teachers. This allows teachers to exchange experiences, ask questions, and share JASP-related educational materials.
- The educator institution receives assistance in transitioning from SPSS to JASP. Specifically, if desired we organize an annual event in which: we (a) provide a hands-on introduction to JASP; (b) help teachers get started converting teaching materials from SPSS to JASP; and (c) advise on teaching materials such as books, example analyses, exercises, and knowledge videos. Depending on the location of the educator institution, this event takes place either on-site or online.
- The educator institution can submit requests to add or adapt JASP functionality via GitHub, through a dedicated JASP-issues list for educators. Issues submitted by the educator institution are given higher priority than sponsor requests.
- Employees and students of the educator institution receive a 50% discount on select JASP-related workshops (e.g., the annual two-day workshop Theory and Practice of Bayesian Hypothesis Testing: A JASP Workshop).
- The educator institution may nominate one employee for membership in the JASP Community Advisory Board.
The contribution for the different tiers is as follows:
- Supporter level: an institution contributes at least €1,000 euros per year.
- Sponsor level: an institution contributes at least €10,000 euros per year.
- Educator level: an institution contributes at least €20,000 euros per year.
Discounts for smaller colleges and institutions in lower-income countries and middle-income countries are available upon request. Discounts also apply for a longer-term commitment. These amounts may be further reduced in the future as more institutions join the community.